Thursday, August 20, 2009

First Day of School, 2009

Summers over...or so says the school district. Personally, I'm not ready to call it yet! Regardless, the kids started back to school today. The boys were up by 7, on their own, and ready by 8:30. I'm taking bets on exactly how long this will last, I'm thinking by Monday I'll be dragging them out of bed at 8:30 and shoving a pop-tart in their hand on the way out the door.

So, here are the traditional first day pics...

No, it's not cold. Not in the least. I think these are his comfort items. Ty is starting 5th grade, and is sooo over the first day excitement, and my documenting the event. To make sure I didn't embarrass him, he made me drop him off as soon as we pulled onto school property.


Jack, on the other hand, was totally excited, he ate breakfast (a first), got dressed, AND did his own hair!
And then there was Miss Iz. I've been struggling with the thoughts of her being gone to school all day, she's my baby! It's been 10 1/2 years since I haven't had someone with me during the day, and while I thought I would be excited at my freedom, it turns out I was really, really sad.Here she is in her sparkly pink peace shirt that grandma got her, she's had the outfit planned for weeks!
And there she goes, for the next 6 hours.


I totally got over being sad when Mom and I went to lunch at the Pizza Factory in Lindon. I'd like to extend a special thank you to the large group of women with all their under 5 spawn that helped me to recover. Having them there made every one's lunch such a quiet, relaxing experience. My ears are still ringing.

3 comments:

Jen Yak said...

They all looked so cute! I was sad today about Jayce going all day, because she is growing up way too fast!

Lyndsy Tippetts said...

wow summer went by way too quick!!!

Andrea Shields said...

So cute! I remember picking out my first day outfit, always a big deal! Love you guys, Andi